fredag 7 maj 2010

What's wrong with crying?

I recently posted a comment on tvguide.com (which I do from time to time) regarding (spoiler alert, don't keep reading if you haven't seen the latest episode of Lost) the recent death of Sun and Jin on Lost.

I stated that the moment made me cry along with many other moments on Lost. I was a bit surprised when I saw a comment that followed. It said, and I quote:
"Are you serious about crying? It's a make believe TV show!"

This just got me thinking about the fact that I tend to cry a lot when I'm watching movies and TV. I responded on TV guide and I would like to elaborate on the topic here.

I cry a lot. Like I stated in my comment, I'm aware that it's all make believe. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't spark some sort of emotion. To me, that's what TV seeks out to do. They want to reach the viewers and generate some sort of emotional response. Whether it be laughing, screaming, crying, or rejoicing; it's all part of the TV experience. What would be the point of watching TV if it doesn't affect you in some way.

I say, cry your heart out!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar